Tips to Workout at Home Without the Equipment
When we think about working out, the first that comes to mind is swanky gyms with their metal machines and sophisticated equipment. These machines are meant to aid in your training but does that mean one cannot train without them?
Needless to say, these machines are incredibly expensive and not suitable for a home gym. However, there are plenty of exercises that can be performed anywhere, without the use of this fancy equipment. These exercises are basic and work all the necessary muscle groups without the need for an equipment. Some of these exercises can be performed anywhere, even when you are watching TV!
The next time you feel discouraged about adopting a healthy lifestyle, you should know that there are plenty of effective exercises that do not require expensive machines. So here are 10 great exercises that you can do at home, without an equipment.
- Brisk Walking: Walking is a basic form of exercise that can also be very refreshing. It is even more enjoyable if the weather is good or if you have nature walks close to where you live. You can start by walking and gradually scale it up to running. You can also find a tall building and go up and down a flight of stairs few times. This low impact exercise is great for your legs and helps you get lightly active, a good transition from a sedentary lifestyle.
- Skip rope or do jumping jacks: Jumping jacks will work up that heart rate and works as a great warm up exercise before a jog. You can also skip rope to get your heart rate elevated just enough to move on to the next exercise. Skipping ropes are readily available and can be an extremely fun workout too. Additionally, did you know that jumping jacks or skipping can be great cardio exercises?
- Push-up: You may not exactly love doing push-ups but they are so incredibly effective that almost every trainer will weave that into your workout schedule. You don’t have to be right or super strong, at least initially. Try to focus on the form rather than reps. Once you have the form right, numbers will come too. You will build upper arm strength at the same time and work your chest muscles too.
- Crunches: When you want to build strong ab muscles, you cannot ignore the importance of crunches. They not only build but also strengthen your ab muscles. Just feel the burn in your abs as you go up and down. Don’t worry about reaching all the way up. Soon you will be able to see the benefits of this exercise.
- On-spot jogging: Jogging is great and more so for your heart. If you don’t feel like going to the park, you can always simply jog on the spot. This fun exercise can be done anywhere, anytime. You can even do it while watching TV at home. Ease and effectiveness of this exercise means that you can always meet your activity levels without ever leaving the house.
- Leg lifts: If you want to build muscles in your legs, there is nothing that works better than leg lifts. You can also bend your legs if you are unable to do it with your legs straight. They can be exceptionally helpful in building strength and muscles in your legs.
- Squats: For your buttocks and legs, another good exercise is squats. If you are an absolute beginner, you can simply sit and get up from a regular chair. Just focus on your posture and do as many reps as you comfortably can. Just remember that you should feel the burn in targeted muscles as you do the repetitions.
- Weight lifts: No need to invest in heavy duty weights for this exercise. You can simply pick up any heavy weight around the house. The best technique is to fill up a 1-liter water bottle with water to make it around 1 kg. You can also use laundry detergent, water jugs or even a sand bag.
- Step exercising: The steps at your home are as good as any gym equipment. You can do as many variations as you like and as many reps as you like. This will tone the muscles in your legs and also give you the flexibility of doing it when you have the time.
- Dancing: This has to be one of the most enjoyable ways of losing weight! Dancing works all the muscle groups and is really good for your heart. It can not only help you get physically active in a way that you enjoy, but also give you a boost that you need to lift up your spirits.
Exercising is extremely important for your body and overall health. However, that doesn’t mean it can only come at the cost of paying high gym memberships. Use whatever you have in your house and just get out of your comfort zone. You are more likely to stay true to your workout schedule if you are in a setting that you are most comfortable in. Just revamp your playlist and get started in your living room.